When I think about how easy my life is and how I have nothing worthy of even the slightest of complaints, all I can think about is how it doesn't matter that much to me. And it should. I should be so thankful everyday for everything that I have and every struggle I have never experienced. So, as part of my Lenten promises, I am adding that one; to the top of the list. I am going to find little pieces of each day that represents and means something to me. Than I am going to write them here and pray about them and thank God for them. That is my goal. Or at least one of them.
Yesterday during lunch me and Leigh and a couple other of my friends talked about jobs for this summer. Isn't that funny?! The year is already a third of a way done; we are talking about summer, I for one am dreaming about it! And then you have to think that we have been in school for almost six months! That is even more crazy! But we discussed jobs, and from what I gathered, I am probably not going to be getting one. Another one of God's gifts to me.
I have made a promise to my Mom to stop the cursing here. I apologize for the cursing already here. I was told that is was unlady-like. And when I asked why we were still in the 1800's I got in trouble. So I am going to stop using the F word and D and B. All those wonderful little words that make me look "unlady-like." (I honostly don't think they do. I honostly think I already had that one coming... on different terms though.) That is another one of my lenten promises; to respect my parents wishes... ya, good luck with that one. But no, I will try!
The other day I babysat. I babysit a lot, or as Laura likes to tell me "Why do you live there?" And when I give her an unfathomable look she just grins and shrugs her shoulders and says, "What?! I was just wondering." I was stuck with Ian, Megan, and Brian this time. Which actually makes my job a lot easier because when Megan is there Brian loses interest in the television and actually interacts. They played 'Babies' for an hour and Ian made up excuse after excuse to not practice his instrument. It would have been humerous if I didn't have orders to make him do it.
"I'm hungry." Brian.
"Boo, you are always hungry." Me.
"I know. (grin) I am thinking that I want a snack."
"Okay. Healthy though." (sigh)
"Okay. I am thinking that cakesters are healthy." Brian. He has adopted this way of speaking because that is the way his mother talks to him when she want's him to do something. It's actually really very smart.
"You are thinking wrong. Try again." I offer a small smile cause I know what's coming.
"No! Katie, they are healthy." His voice cracks. He is going to cry.
"Brian. I trust me, hon. They are not healthy."
"You're wrong."
"Of course I am. Now have some carrots." And then he started screaming and I sent him to sit on the stairs until he stopped. On the way there he told me he was fine and that he was going to stop now. "Alright. But we are not having cakesters. Okay?"
"Okay. Hey, Katie."
"Yes, Brian."
"I am thinking that brownies are healthy." And then we went there again.
While Megan and Brian were playing 'Babies; (Megan is the mother that coo's while Brian rolls around on his back like an animals, crying and telling 'mommy megan' to tickle him so he will stop) Ian came out of the computer room and fixed me with a stare and small grin.
"Hey, can I have some tagalongs?" I don't see a problem with this.
"Two..." I say carefully. Usually there is a fight about that number. It's my healthy number. One is too little, three is a crowd. I aim for perfection.
"Okay." He walks over to the cabinent over the oven and opens it. I can just barely see the two boxes poking out from behind the stash of appliences.
"Ian, why are they up there? And why are they hidden?" I am putting my book down.
"Because my mom hid them from me." I look at him incredulously. He doesn't just realize he's dug himself a hole.
"Ian, if your mom hid them from you, then nevermind, you can't have any. Why would you try to trick me like that?"
"I am not trying to trick you. She just hid them so I won't take them in my room and eat them all." He is starting to whine something horrible.
"No cookies." I say and he pulls a tearstricken face and garbles something unpleasant and trudges away back to his hidden abode of beeping white lights and addicting computer games. It makes me sick to see how very attatched they both are to them. I try to limit that. It's like taking food away from a mountian lion. He hasn't eaten in four days. Ya... mental picture that and see what you come up with.
And then I went to church and got ashes on my forehead and prayed.
See how very well rounded that makes me sound. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment