Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl

We went to church at 12:30 mass after dropping Aly off at her house. On the way home we stopped by Costco for food and sampled as many free-sample food giver outters as possible. It was funny.
Today was unseasonably warm. It hit the 50 degree mark before falling back down to 30. But I am still very thankful for this warm day; it made my spirits soar. On the way home we put all the windows down and blasted the music.

Tonight is the Super Bowl, though I don't even know who to root for or who is even playing, I am still going to watch it. We are going over the Andersons, as is tradition. It should be extremely roudy and unhealthy! yay!

The weather is calling for more snow on Tuesday night and all Tuesday. I'm corssing my fingers, I could really use a short week again!
It would be rude to God to say that nothing happened today, but honostly, not a lot did. Which I am thankful for also. I like calm days.

.................................. wrote a poem.

Dream at night, of golden gates and birds in flight.
The simple way the heart catches the light,
Even on the darkest of days.
Happiness is just a long ways away
When the soul sits and counts each second, and each day.

But patience, my child
Patience held together with a small smile.
Hold back from running the miles
Towards heart and love,
It will come, my child, but you are still so young.

Watch and learn as the heart yearns to love another.
This is not meant to be,
These hearts that ache and do not see
This is not happiness when you are not free.
Stop wishing and simply soar away from this blindness!

Patience, my child
Patience held together with a small smile.
Hold back from running the miles
Towards heart and love
It will come, my child, but you are still so young.

Now look, see, now you feel.
You are in love, but you are still free!
This is what I have asked of thee.
To be patient and now,
Now you have found, in each second and each day
A reason to live and love of truth in every single way.

Patience, my child
Patience held together with a small smile.
Hold back from running the miles
Towards heart and love
It has come, my child, because you are no longer so young...
And it has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment