Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tripping up the Steps is Dangerous

When I arrived home today from school I went upstairs to change into sweats. While up there I heard the front door open and I heard Meghan take the dog out. (Meghan my sister) While then she comes back in and the door slams and I heard her crying. But it sounded like she was faking, and mounting the stairs, saying Katie, Katie.

"Meghan, whats wrong?" I couldn't see her yet.

"I fell." She sounded so fake.

"Meghan, if you are lieing I am going to be mad." So I popped my head over the railing and she really was crying.

"Oh! Meghan, are you okay?" I walked quickly down the stairs and I traced my fingers over the cut and fresh gouge on the side of her head. "Ugh. You really did fall and hit your head. Here, let me go get you some ice and some advil." So then I went and got her some ice, but she said she was fine and didn't need the drugs. While, I disagreed with that. I also giggled, because the idea of her falling up the brick stairs all by herself and just tripping was humerous, though not the fact that she got hurt. So she goes and sits in the office and starts watching tv. While then she started crying harder and I turned around and looked at her and she was craddeling her head in her hands and then she turned off the light and the television and buried her face in her hands and cried.
"Meg?" By this time mom was home.

"Katie, go get mom." She said and then she looked at me and her head was turning into a bruise and her eyes were all red.

"Why?" I said. Meghan is dramatic, its in her blood, so I didn't really think she was in so much pain. While I got mom and then mom came and sat with her and she started to cry really hard.

"Meghan. You okay?"

"No. I have- have a head-ache. And my whole-whole head hurts." I felt so bad.

"Alright. I'm going to call dad." It scared me. Then Laura came and picked me up and I went to her house only to have Liz call me and tell me that mom had taken Meghan to the doctors and that were having dinner at the Andersons. (old time family friends.) And so now here I am, a littler worried and won over that tripping up the steps is dangerous.

And I don't know the outcome yet because they are still at the doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment