Where too start...
I will start with something that has been bothering me a lot today! (Today was actually a great day.)
I am going to omit names, (though it probably wouldn't matter since one person reads this).
In my math class there is a girl. This girl hates my guts. The reason : unknown.
It shouldn't bother me as much as it did and does. But when I went to thinking all about how people hate other people for void no reason at all, it makes me powerfully angry. What gives anyone the right to hate someone because they feel that they just can?! Or that their reasons are biased or stupid or ignorant. But everytime I say a word in that class or even glance that direction I get the glare and the snarl. You can almost feel the hate and the pitied anger of 'poor fat ass child. What a bitch' leaking from her gaze, and whats more I am usually not even talking or glancing at her.
This made me think of how people judge others all the time without meaning to. I am guilty. We judge a book by its cover even if we have been told time and time again to not. And we look at people and think to ourselfs 'she is not attractive, or she is not nice' and we do this all based on LOOKS! Attractive people are not always nice (exhibit a above) and ugly people are not always mean! The way a person looks is not a reflection of the person that they truely are. Thankfully, i learned this lesson today. I look at myself and think, why would somone hate me simply for who I am?
And the answer is, because they can.
There is no law in life, no rule, that says you can't judge me because of the way I look, or the way I smell, or the way I talk, or the way I walk! And that's what sucks. Esspecially in Highschool. "That girl over there hates me and I don't know why." me.
"OMG! What is everyones problem!? Why do you care if she hates you? You are your own person. Why do you care!?" Kelsy.
My reply. Nothing. Because its true. Why do I care what someone thinks of me, especcially if I don't care for them either?
The answer.
I don't.
I shouldn't.
And I won't.
No comments:
Post a Comment