Thursday, March 26, 2009

Miscommunication

OK, there are many things that happened today that might be worthy of consideration. But as my time is short... so a warning; Some may be random.

Firstly, Liz failed to inform me and Laura that she actually would be needing a ride home from school today (due to her lack of her left leg) and so neither me or Laura knew who was driving until the 50, which with the traffic and other stupid teenagers on the road= lateness to school. But lucky us, and lucky Liz, we made it and all was well. This was before everyone started blaming me for my lack of planning. Which is absurd. And expected. Let's all do conjoined forces and blame Katie for Liz's error of being a miss informant. And then let's get everyone in on it that doesn't have any thing to do with it to begin with! Ya! Oh sweet joy of being in the pissiest mood at 7 in the morning!

Change in emotions. Today Mrs. VanTrees told us this story about how there is so much controversy against the Gay and Lesbian society and how back in her day when she was a younger teacher, there was a girl that was a very bright student. "And she came to me one day and asked me if we could talk. Well of course I said yes. And so she came everyday and we talked. One day she asked me this, "What if I am a lesbian, would you still like me as a person?" I said, as a person yes, you would still measure up to a human being in my eyes. Well then about five years later at a party, the girl found my newly wed husband and asked if he was the one that had married Mrs. VanTrees. He said yes and she told him, "Tell her this is Carrie, and tell her thank you." Because she said that if I hadn't told her that, if I hadn't told her that she was still a person in my eyes, she would have killed herself. It was that simple acceptance that saved her from being one less in this world." And Mrs. VanTrees had tears in her eyes and so did I and it still makes my eyes water, because just thinking of that and the cruelty of others, puts a lot into perspective; sheds a different light on our entire society.

In yearbook today we had the managing interviews and I was so darn nervous. And you know, asking around, and talking to your friends that are going against you, that there is a small secretive part of them just wishing you would mess up! Afterwards, when they were done I hugged Becca and we talked and I asked her if I did okay, because I had been so nervous.

"No, no. Katie, you did good. We had a lot of really bad interviews, but you were one of the good ones!" Which made me exceptionally happy! Because whether I want to admit it or not, I want it man, I want it bad (that is, the managing position :) )

Seventh, we started playing a game, but then some dumb ass kids decided it would be fun to act like third graders and they started throwing paper balls at each other. Senora got angry and yelled at us and told us that because of their actions we all were gong to be punished. Now hold on just a minute!!!!!! HOW UNFAIR IS THAT!??!!! My table, the one I sit at with my friends, we are suck-ups (to a minimum) we speak no English and we don't talk when she's talking, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. So, when we were told to take out our wkbooks and assigned a bunch of crap for hw and in class work, I was infuriated. Because anyway that you twist it, it all goes right down to the fact that she was punished us for being good! If you want to get a message across, give the good kids some slack and tie the bad ones to a chair! It makes absolutely no sense at all to punish everyone when only five "bad ass" kids are acting up! And furthermore, it sends the wrong message. Yes, I understand that she was angry, but then send them to their subschools, or give them detention to clean up the entire room. I don't know. It just seems... very unfair!

Now I am going to Giant because I have to pick up some goods for Current Affairs tomorrow and Liz is going swimming with Laura. All good, all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment