Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Day is Still Young

First off, sorry that I haven't written in awhile, things have been... busy (to say the least) This week is only a four day week, which makes me so happy that I could sing (which I do, in the shower :) ) Today in AP English, we talked about what we have succeeded in doing in our lives, and then what we have failed. It was very emotional, mostly because there are about 20 girls and only four boys. But it is a complicated and interesting question to ask yourself. What have you achieved in this life that you are living? Is it saving someones life, being there when you were needed, doing what you always wanted to do? I don't really know what makes someone a failure & the other a success... I suppose its really up to you, and sometimes the rest of the world, to recognize and believe in that. But it is a sad thing to think about what makes you a failure in your life. What you haven't achieved, what you regret, what makes you cry, because sometimes our failures outweigh our achievements, and that's what made today hard. I don't want to talk about my failures, or my achievements, because even now, thinking about it, tears come to my eyes. I don't think anyone would be pleased to hear what I have to say, and a lot of people would just look at me and tell me that I am absurd. My failure, in a way, is because of my lack of integrity, and when you look at that squarely enough, it hurts. In this world, in this time, people look at you and judge you based on those two things; mostly because it's the only way they can make themselves feel better. I admit to doing it to others. I admit to doing it to myself.

Aside from those deep thoughts, its also raining and a real miserable day out. I am babysitting, of course :) and Brian hasn't woken up from his nap yet, so this is what I do to pass time. What I really should be doing is my hw , but that's in the toilet anyway. Who thinks about homework when Spring Break is a day away!?

It's April Fools, no ones gotten me, and I haven't gotten anyone else. Which is really quiet sad if you think about it. But I am not going to, because... well because the day is still young! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment