I am not going to spend long on this today because it is, by far, the most beautifulest day we have had in forever!!!! It is almost 73 out and the sun is shining and I am babysitting at around 3:20, so I can take the kids outside.
Another thing, I will probably post another or update this one, because you know what kind of fun I have while Babysitting!
Last night our family went over to the Andersons for St. Patty's day (or as Brian keeps correcting me, St. Patricks Day, I can't convince him that they are the same thing :) ) We hung out and ate food and not much happened. We went and saw there basement (which they are getting re-done) and IT'S ORANGE!!!! and very awesome. I like it. I also wish that we could re-do our basement, it's so... cliche and normal!
Today during yearbook (the class that I now spend all my time reading magizines and surfing the web) me and Meghan M. had a very long talk about our futures.
"Do you know where you want to go?" Meghan.
"Ha. No. I wish I did though. I know that I want to write, but that's it. And I know that I have to get a career in writing, not just my non-chalant muster of stories and poems." Me.
"Ya. I could totally see you working for a magazine or a newspaper, or something like that..."
"Hmm... actually, I have kind of concidered it. But I haven't taken any fashion marketing or anything for that type of degree."
"Haha. Kate, that's what college is for!"
Well duh! Meghan is very realistic. I am not. So it's probably a good thing we are friends.
And she opened my eyes. That's what college is for. This I realize. Juniors spend 50% of their time freaking out about colleges and applying and figuring out their entire future! Well, woe is me, but we shouldn't be planning our entire futures here. (the freaking out and applying to colleges, yes. The raising our GPA's to perfect 4.0's yes. The applying for every club that we could possibly apply for, definatly.) We go to college to make our futures. So note to self: Live. Your future can wait about five years.
Now this is very, very true.
(Note, this isn't coming from a college/future expert, so don't take it too seriously. :) )
No comments:
Post a Comment