Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ara's Desire/ Three Days Tied into One

Ara's Desire (a poem)
There is no revolution
No redeeming of this self
I do not expect it
Though I fully offer her my help.
There will be no salvation
She fully gives it up.
This blossoming ability
To tell them she's fed up.

I cannot let her see how much it hurts
How her dieing is killing me.
I cannot let her hear
The angry words I say
Or how the 'angry' leaks out in my tears
Almost everyday.
And I hate myself
For letting me hate her.
And she cannot tell
Because her blindess is her lure.

I can hope for a revolution
A redeeming of this self
Maybe then expect it
And she'll gladly take my help.
And then maybe some salvation
Trust she won't give up
This blossoming ability
To take herself away and up.

So I realize that I haven't written in awhile. Sad, but true. These past couple of days have been wonderous, beautiful, alive. And now they are calling for more SNOW! On Friday! How is that even possible?! It was a high of 72 today! Mother Nature is really screwing with us now, man.

Reference to the poem above. It was inspired (aren't they all) by my life. I cannot reveal why though, so I simply let it exist. For some strange reason I always can write poems in History class and Math, every other class it's impossible. I don't know what this means... maybe that my mind is more creative when it is trying to shut other things out...? It's very possible.
Today in Current Affairs we had an hour long debate about Evolutionism and Creationism. Ya, go figure on that one. And we already know which side I am going to support. But it was very interesting to hear how schools are only allowed to teach Evolutionism, but they can talk about Creationism, and how only the talking can be heard in World History Classes. It's very strange. Some people got really heated up in the debate, and me, I just dropped in my two cent's and walked away. My moneys worth= "Why does it matter what one person believes in? Shouldn't the point be that they believe in that, and even if it was talked about, or even if it was discovered that Evolutionism actually did occure over Creationism, it's not going to change what people think about it. Right? I mean, everyone has their own opinion. If tomorrow some great scientist proved to the world the Christianity was a dud and that Evolution was a factual occurance, I would still walk away believing that God made us in his image 4 billion or something years ago." And that was it. Mr. Cox commented on how he wasn't saying anything for or against it. (His job is simply to spur discussions, which happened to happen today.) The kid across from me raises his hand.
"Go ahead." Mr. Cox.
"I was raised Lutheran. And my belief is that Jesus died for our sins, all of them. So whatever we do is automatically forgiven, as long as we love Jesus. Hell exists, but people don't really go there." I giggled.
"But what if you are a murder and love Jesus?" Mr. Cox.
"You're forgiven." The kid.
"Huh, heaven must be really crowded." The kid behind me. Ya, Touche.
Let's see. Today Mrs. Fenton was absent. Icing on the cake.
Tomorrow I am being interview for Yearbook. That should be interesting. I am debating about whether I should suck up and bake some brownies or let it be...? More thought on this one.
This coming weekend we are going to celebrate Sara's birthday at the Lake house. It should be, well, a BLAST! I am just praying for no drama. A nice clean simply weekend of wallowing in half frozen water and playing cards. One can only hope.
So I think I am getting Carpoltunnel in my thumb. hehe. But no, really. Texting= bad fingers. And so does typing.
Hmmm... The other day I babysat. Here's a little excerpt. (It was for six hours, there are a lot of little excerpts. But I can't remember them all, and I would really rather they be forgotten :) )
I was sitting with Brian, watching him eat. ( I had fed him early because he was complaining) And he is one of the worst kids with food. I mean I'm lucky I haven't had to perform the hymlick on him a time or two.
"Brian, hon, don't talk with your mouth full." I was eating with him. He gave me this impish grin. It was adorable. He chattered and I told him about some things going on around the house. Then he looks at me for a long moment.
"Katttie. I luvv dyou." AWWWWW! I take a big bite of toast.
"Aww, Brian, I luvv you too!" Chewing.
"Hey! Katie, noo, tawlking wit your mout full!" I just about choked on my own food and died laughing. His face was dead serious. Then he started laughing at me for laughing and it was just the most delicious, most edible moment ever! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment