Saturday: I woke up way later than I wanted to because I had promised Sara that I would come and help at the Flea Market! So I got over there about 11:30, because I forgot to set my alarm and Adrienne was there because Sara had to go do her theater thing. She made me get a money belt and I helped her sell shoes.
"How many do you have?" I asked this one lady. Her arms were full of shoes.
"I have three pairs." The lady replied.
"Okay, six dollars for all three," I said. That was a deal. Technically they should have been three or four dollars a pair.
"SIX DOLLARS!!! That is WAY to much! I will give you three." No way lady! Three dollars is only a dollar a shoe!
"Five."
"Three."
"Four fifty."
"Alright, fine." She paid up and took the shoes and walked away. These people were haggling with dirt cheap prices and Adrienne was telling me how you had to be careful because people will try to take more and rip you off and then take the special stickers that said you paid for it and put them on other things. It just made me so sad for these people. That they had to haggle and steal other peoples already used stuff... it was just so sad.
I finished with that more around 2 than at one like I wanted too and when I got home my Mom still hadn't gone to the store!!! People were set to arrive at our house in an hour!!! So I yelled at her because semi-panic was starting to set in. I had so much to do and so little time and I didn't even really know if everyone was going to bring stuff to tailgate with. Three five rolls around and Casey and Justin (of course) were early. Which was nice in a bad way because I was still panicking my way around the house in a flurry of running and scooping and printing and organizing. My phone would not stop buzzing and people kept calling me. Slowly everyone came in and they had food!!!! Tons and tons of food!!! It made me so happy that people had actually gotten my messages and brought food. (What irked me was that no one had replied to say that they could!!! Like wtf, how hard is it to say, got your message, bringing food?) It only took us and hour and a half to get everyone organized and out onto the road. It was amazing!!! I was proud of us.
So all of us are chugging soda and chillin' and eating all the food. And we see a bunch of people heading towards the woods because we were parked by the back of the lot.
"What are they doing back there?" I asked and then, BAMM, some guy drops his drawers and... then it hits me. Apparently the port-a-potty's were too far away... :) Lea went in the woods twice and Casey once. They said the ground was very much littered... with what, I still don't want to know.
For a long time we ate and hung out and then we thought for sure it was going to pour, but the clouds passed over and the moon came out. I was really waiting for Rodney Atkins. He was the last act. So as the sun is going down suddenly these flashlights go on behind us and we all turn around.
"Get up and out! Now!" The two cops yelled and this guy behind us looks at the police and then sighs and zips up his pants. The girl flips her dress down and he helps her to her feet. Oh, ya, baby... it's what you think :). All the guys around us started to whistle and congradulate the guy who just grinned as the police led him away. We were dying!
Me, Priya, Ben, Sara, and Casey were all sitting there waiting for the others to get back. (they had gone to try and sneak backstage bahha) and suddenly this guy is walking by, he stops, looks us over and then goes over to Ben and yells real loud.
"Good work, Sooon!!!" And shakes Ben's hand hard before turning and walking away. I was dying and Ben was just grinning.
All of our eyes were bleeding (not litteraly, Laura thought I was) because of the amount of pollen floating in the air. It was gross and everyone was just blinking and laughing at us when we threw water into our eyes to try and get it out. Adriennes were the worse, but thats only because she comlained the loudest and rubbed the hardest.
Drunk. Everyone. Really.
The moon came out, the lights went up and Rodney comes on Baby!!! We all got up and moved farther down towards the stage. Then, suddenly, the boys decided it would be funny to table top people. First they go for me, but all us girls were watching out backs, but one by one everyone got shoved down. Liz pulled me aside.
"Lets get Justin." She said, so I walk over to him and Taylor dips down behind and then me and Liz both shove him hard and he goes down like a plank of wood, no fight of anything. We were all laughing so hard because he just kept saying over and over again how good we got him and he never thought his girl friend would turn her back on him like that. Which is ironic since he totally did it to her first! :) Well then Chris was just doing it to everyone, so I decide its time for him to go down. Only problem is that he is totally expecting it. So I pretend like i am on the phone and then walk up to him.
"Hey, Chris, your mom just called and she said it's time for you to," and I give Taylor a heavy eye and he snaps down and then Ben and Justin both grab his shoulders and I shove his chest and shout, "FALL!" He hit the ground so hard and all of us were dying and every one was giving me high fives. I was proud of my lying skills. Even Chris high fived me and said he didn't see that one coming at all. It was very funny.
Rodney came out, me rachel, laura, and Priya all sang our hearts out and danced until our feet were brown and our flip flops were long gone. It was great because everyone else didn't really know the songs so I was glad we could be so obnixoius. It was wonderful to scream at the top of our lungs and not have to worry about anything or anyone. After he ended everyone was screaming for an encore,but the boys said it was time to go and just as we hit the top of the stairs he came back on and sang my song!!!! I was so angry they had made me leave early. But we got free ice cream because of it... so it was okay, I suppose. We walked back to the parking lot and Lea told me she was glad she had seen this because in Switzerland there is nothing like the open concerts. I was glad she could see this too. I just wish we would have hung out together more.
I will post pictures later when my camera is working. I have to go babysit.
No comments:
Post a Comment