Thursday, May 14, 2009
"Define the Word Boredom."
Sneezing, coughing, runny nose, scratchy throat, balloon head feeling, no voice.... But I have decided to get over it. I have drugged myself and I have showered myself and I have dressed myself. And now I am going to babysit and hopefully not contaminate the kids. (But lets face it, they gave me the flu twice, so they do get sick, it isn't the worst thing that could happen, agreed?!) This I am telling myself over and over again. It's almost working. No school today was amazing. But then about four hours into the day you feel the laziness kinda swimming around in your gut and you have to do something, so I wandered from the tv room up to my room and laid on my bed listening to the radio. And then when that became too boring, I tried on Liz's "back-up" prom dress and twirled around the room pretending I was a Princess (not that hard to do ;) ) and did my hair all curly and pretty. Then I became bored of this and laid the dress out nicely before slipping back into my sweats. Goldie, my dog, came into my room huffing because a storm was coming and so I laid on the floor with her and blew in her face until she got all annoyed and played with her like Dad does and then we both left my room. I went into the kitchen and prepared myself a heaping plate of egg roles with duck sauce and a gallon of Raspberry Iced Tea and blockaded myself in the office and played Diner Dash for two hours until I beat the whole thing and decided to get a real life. This consisted of me standing outside on the porch for ten minutes while the air blew all around me because the storm was still coming. Mission accomplished and feeling much more bored, I went and typed on Liz's type writer for an hour until the door bell rang. It was my Uncle dropping by on his way to a meeting on D.C. And then I did the whole shower and get dressed thing and am sitting here most fashionably typing this all for the three people that read this. ... I am the absolute coolest person alive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment