Nine days straight of rain. STRAIGHT! And it's not over yet. Oh no. They are calling for storms until Sunday afternoon.
Thunderstorms are okay. Usually I love them to death!!! But lately, I have been hating their guts. Last night for example, Goldie was freaking out, which is normal, but still. It was extremely annoying, and I had to shut my door and she kept running into it with her head. So on top of thunder, lightening, and rain, I had a pounding on my door that scared me silly every time I was three seconds away from REM. Not funny.
Last night was Liz's four month with Justin. He gave her four roses, which I think is absolutely adorable! I mean, every time they hit an anniversary for their "months" (which still kills me), he gives her that amount of roses. After school she was going to track and she gave them to me to take to the car and I ran into Chris and Taylor on my way there.
"Someone ask you to prom?" Chris asked me, but I was being totally oblivious and wasn't paying the least attention.
"Hmm, ya." Because I thought he had said are those from Justin to Liz, because knowing how my head works, that makes sense. And when I told him this was how my head works he just shook his head sadly at me.
"That sounds nothing like like!" Which I had to concede was true, but all the same, a honest mistake in paying attention.
WMZQ FEST IS TWO DAYS AWAY! I am so excited that I can hardly stand it.
Today I had to babysit for a girl up the street. Babysitting her made me realize how horrible my kids are. But, funny enough, without the "bad" ones, I don't really have fun or interesting stories to tell. Like how they disobey or talk back or fight me. That's when all the hilarious stuff happens.
Yesterday when I was babysitting Brian, I decided that we should make Mother's Day Cards since Mother's Day is this Sunday. So I sat him down (I had brought my entire sticker collection because he's three and let's face it, he can't draw :P) and I told him I would write what he said and then he could decorate it with the stickers.
"Which ones do you want, Boo?"
"All of them!" His squeaky voice is still adorable!
"Boo, you can't have them all!" But he didn't understand and began to peel them all off and stick them onto the front of his card.
"I want them all, dough." I just had to laugh at this. Because doesn't every three year old want it all. My inner voice was going at the same time. 'Me too, hon, me too.'
Well then I told him that it was a secret and that he couldn't tell his Mom about it until Sunday because that's when he could give her the surprise.
His mom comes home.
First words out of his mouth, literally.
"Mommy, I made you a surprise!"
"Ah, no Boo! Shhh! It's a secret." I say urgently. Really, we made a beautiful surprise card. Surprise being the key word here. He looks at me and then grins.
"Ya Mommy, it's a secret. I can't tell you till way later." Rock on, Boo! Case closed, he's learning what keeping a secret means. :)
The other other day, I was in Current Affairs and we have it in Mr. Pringles room because we just do. Mr. Pringle is very nice, and I happen to like him a lot because he is very funny and very smart and always trumps Christina when she gets out of hand and starts ranting about incorrect information for the sake of sounding intelligent. He came up to me and I was doing the Suduko puzzle from the paper (which we are told specifically not to do. because we are supposed to be reading the paper. What can I say. I am so BA) and I look up at him.
"Yes?"
"Yes?"
"Did you submit to Calliope?"
"...yes?" And then he sticks his hand out and I go to high-five it kinda awkwardly and he shakes my hand and says real sincere.
"Beautiful. Congratulations." Which totally made my day! Because he is only the...second person to tell me that without me prompting or informing.
Smiles all around. :)
Liz found a soaking wet ticket on her car this afternoon because our tags were expired by twelve days. It's all the stupid school's parking lot polices fault! They have nothing else to do but go around and ticket teenagers cars! How retarded are you! Go arrest drug dealers or something, honestly!


No comments:
Post a Comment