Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yes, I Know, LATE

Everything has been a small sort of whirl wind. First, my family decided it would be nice to go to NY for the weekend to celebrate my Nan's birthday. Well it was to a certain point a bust, because we left EXTREMELY late on Saturday, getting there around 5ish and then we had to leave on Sunday to get home so we could go to school on Monday. Only problem is we, my family, like to procrastinate so we weren't actually on the road, driving, until almost 7pm! It was the longest car ride of my life. But I slept most of the way, so I suppose it could have been WAY worst! We didn't even get home until 12ish, but then mom relented and let us skip first period so we could sleep! That was marvilous.

For the first time in weeks I havn't had the luxury of having nothing to do. I like not being busy, having hours to squander on my own. Mostly I coup myself up in my bedroom and write...or read. But I havn't had time to do any of that! I even fall asleep before reading from a book now, that's how tired I get and how late I have to stay up and going. It's exhausting, and makes me irritable.

Finally, it stopped raining for the first time all week today! I feel like we are in goddamn London! It never rains this much here, it never rains at all! And then all of a sudden we have a steady drizzle for two weeks. Though the weekend was VERY nice and this coming Friday and Saturday are supposed to be just lovely! April showers bring May flowers my butt! I would rather have no rain and no flowers then these ugly days. But oh well, beggars can't be choosers. I wanted spring to come, this is spring. Rain included, apparently.

Hmm... what else. It seems all of a sudden that things fly out of my head when I come to write them down!

Oh, yesterday I babysat (of course.) It was only Brian for the first hour, Megan would come home from dance later. But he was mopping around the kitchen, crying that he wanted his "Mommy." Which surprised me, because this is SO unlike Brian. Usually he is right on to "Katies here, Katies here." (This warms my heart.) So then I told him to stop his whining and he was lying on the floor, fake tears going down his cheeks. I tackled him and put my head on his stomach and started to fake cry too, blubbering on and on about how horrilbe life was. He starts to laugh and then he sits up and my head slides to the ground and he bends down and puts his face right in front of mine and says, "Are you having a Ruff Day, Katie Boo? Hmm... do you want me to get you a muffin?" He puts his hands on both my cheeks and kisses my forehead and then laughs his trill of raspy giggles. "Your so funny, Katie! Why are you crying?" I just started laughing because he was so serious, and then he went and brought me a muffin and put it in my mouth, babying me the entire time. It was defidently a moment.

Then I had to give him a bath. Megan comes home during this time and the mother that had dropped her off (her name escapes me) askes if her daughter can use the "potty." Of course I said yes. I'm not going to make the five year old hold her bladder! So she runs in and I can hear Brian singing a song really loudly from him room. He comes out on the landing, happy as a jay bird, butt naked, singing and grinning like a fool.

"Brian, there are ladies here! Go get your PJ's on." I say and then laugh because the mom is laughing at my expression. He presses his face up in between the banister bars and says, real snottily like Megan would. "NO!" And then laughs and says, "come get me, Katie." I didn't so he started running back and forth like a pacing dog until the mother left and I had to hold him down and put his pull up on. Ah, sweet youth.

Megan then insisted that she needed to go on a wild goose chase for a book that Brian 'apparently' wanted. I told her no and she began to pound her fists against the closed doors, howling until her dad walked in, looked at me, up at the door and raised his eyebrows.

"I told her that if she opened the door there would be consicuences." I explained. Usually nothing stops Megan from opening the door right after it's been closed. (Brian's has to be locked from the outside or else he will wander the halls at all hours of the night.)

"I trust you. It's in your hands." Aka: as long as it's you shutting up my child, I'm cool with it. I had to go up and talk to her because she was making herself cough she was crying so hard. A few words and then another reminder of the consicuences, crying now included on the don't-do list. Silence ensued until Rachel and Ian got home, but by then I was free to leave.

There was an awesome rainbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment