Brag time.
FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS!!!! cliche, this i know. But seriously. It happens.
Setting the scene, yearbook, during bulldog block.
I was sitting with Seneca and we were just talking. Then, her friend, Rachel, who I kinda sorta know because she's friends with Robyn (head of yearbook) and comes in every lunch. Well, Seneca was talking about how she is totally stressed about the whole AP English test, and I had to agree. Well then Rachel started talking all about how easy it is and how you are so prepared and don't even know it. This led to convo's about English teachers, which led to her majoring in Creative Writing, which led to Mrs. Watkins, which led to her saying this.
"Ya, so was it you or your sister that entered the poem?" Rachel.
"What?" Me.
"I know it was one of you. The poem that was entered?"
"I don't know what your talking about..." me, unsure.
"Well then it must have been your sister. This poem that Mrs. Watkins sent in-"
"Wait! That was me." me WHAT?!
"That was you. Oh, well your poem was so beautiful. It had amazing imagery."
"Thank you, but I still don't really know what your talking about..."
"What, she didn't tell you?"
"No."
"I can't believe she didn't tell you. It's kinda a big deal. But anyway. It's this representation (and she said what it was but i can't remember! Crazy, right!?) where each school in all of Virginia chooses two poems, two shorts stories, and two essays to be sent in a judged and reviewed. And your poem got sent in!"
"Mine!? Really. Wow."
"Ya, me and Mrs. Watkins just poured over all the creative writing stuff and Calliope papers, and yours was just beautiful. And she said she really wanted to enter it, and I agreed. And then she also sent one of mine, without me knowing of course, because then I would have totally said no! But it's so cool, because you are basically representing the school! Gosh, I can't believe she didn't tell you." Rachel then preceded to say she had to go and finish some work and how I made her get all side-tracked, but wasn't it funny how we had so much in common and just met!? This I had to agree with.
"Wow! Congratulations, Katie!" Seneca said and high-fived me.
Call me oblivious; I was on cloud nine!!!!!!!!!
SO... anyway. Right now I am trying to figure out what it is... because I for one would like to know the details!
That is all I have to say. The funny thing is though, I don't know which poem she is talking about, and I didn't want to look stupid and ask. I sent so many poems into Calliope and then in Creative Writing I wrote about a million... Funny situation...very, very funny. I'm just surprised she didn't e-mail me or something... it's very unlike her, but then, I know she's extremely busy at the moment, oh, and pregnant. :)
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment