Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Are You Going to Finish Strong?"

Nice spring days, those are the kind of things that catch me and distract me from noting things about my day. Not that anything important happened today, but still.
It's 70 out and they said it was only going to be in the low 60's, so I want to stick our my tongue at them and say "haha," because I have really missed the blue skies and sunshine. It has been raining nonstop for the past two days, with drizzles on Monday, which is never a good thing to wake up to after a week off. Trust me, I know.
This morning, when I went to pick up Laura (I had downloaded one of the Beatles CD's the night before) I turned on 'Here Comes the Sun.' One, because the sun was actually coming out and throwing streaks across my windshield in a shy, glorifying kind of way. I couldn't help it; I was grinning like a fool at it's appearance. I played the song at least three times before she got in the car and we played it another two. Just as we were going down Dead Man's Curve (this twisty road that takes us to school, overlooking a golden field with nothing in it but waving wheat and troublesome, waist-high grass) the music hits the cruesendo and the sun blinds me. It was just popping out over the far trees and soaking up a mistful of the rain that we had suffered for two days. It was like the entire world was made of fairy dust, shimmering there, the sun very nearly blinding me, the music blasting. I just stared at it, it was amazingly beautiful, like one of those hundred dollar photographs you only get of anywhere but here. And Laura said, "Wow, that is amazing!" And it was. Then I agreed and she said, "I love this hill. I always have." This too, I had to agree with. The hill that I have enjoyed my entire life. It has a story to go with it, about buried Civil War treasure and it's just there, this constant empty existance with bare shredded leaved trees blooming in the midst of all the yellow grass. It's what I would love to see everday from my kitchen window, when I am married, with a husband, and a house; those golden fields that simply exist.
Well then, enough of my day-dreaming. :)
For Spanish we were able to convince Senora to take the class out to the tennis courts because she loves us and we were all restless after days of being trapped inside under a cloudy gray sky. We sat down against the back of the warmed iron fence and the wind played nicely with our papers and our hair, the sun slanting towards our backs so that we could learn and enjoy the day at the same time (not that much learning was going on, but still.) It was a nice break, esspecially for a Thursday that, lo and behold, feels like a Friday.
Then dentist. Did I mention that I hate dentists. And no, it isn't because of their tools, or their latex gloves, or even their making you slob down the side of your chin; no, what I hate about dentist is that they can totally call you out on the whole not flossing and drinking Iced Coffee things. And I was called out. Well, kinda. I was told I had two cavities, itsy bitsy things that are going to cause alot of pain and probably break my tooth in half when I am going on fifty; that's what I hate. I dread it, half because I know it's coming, and half because that's two hundred down the drain; I am going to pay for someone to scrap my teeth apart and insert some concrete so that my tooth can shatter in the far, but coming future. Awesome, dentistry, just the most amazing thing ever.
Who ever invented dental health, had another thing coming, really.

Anyway, sorry this has been just a rant, I didn't intend for it to be that way, but then, there it is.
I wanted to post this video that my uncle e-mailed to my mom who e-mailed it to me. It made my eyes tear up, swear on girl scouts honor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqantZJ6WwM

No comments:

Post a Comment