Sunday, June 14, 2009

Two Concerts and You're Seventeen (magically)

It has been the craziest, most hectic couple of days of my life!
Firstly, the Matt Nathanson Concert: It was AMAZING! He is so funny, which you wouldn't really expect from a guy that sings such deep songs, ya no. But it was wonderful. We went with Caroline's friend Matt as a graduations present. It was the first time I had ever met him, but he was awfully nice and he loved Matt just as much as I did! (Caroline and Megan had heard of him "vagualy." So well Megan and Caroline swayed to the music and one song (Come Get Higher) me and Matt sang to everyone at the top of our lungs. What made me laugh so hard was the fact that Matt (Carolines friend) couldn't sing on key at. all. And I mean, it was hillarious! He just didn't care and I guess neither did I. Matt Nathanson was actually opening for the Barlow Sisters, (who are a lesbien band.) I hold nothing against Lesbien people, just an f.y.i. But as a storm was rolling in, and I mean, it was coming at us with a vegence, the Barlow sisters graced the stage. Everyone there (most of which were gay or lesbien) started to scream and we were sitting there in the rain, shivering because it was cold out, but nontheless having fun. The guy next to us is just dancing away and away and away. When the first song ends, he glances down at Matt and goes- "You should get up and dance and move around. It will warm you right up!" Matt just looks at him and offers a small smile.
"No. Um... it's raining and it's cold, I don't think dancing is going to change that." The guy nods vigorously and then looks up to the heavens and point viciously at the sky.
"Ya, DAMN YOU GOD!" Matts face goes completely blank and me and Caroline are just silly with laughter because his face was just that blank. He looks at the guy and just stares at him.
"No," he says and the gay guy shrugs and goes back to his dancing. It was just so funny. We decided to leave early because we didn't personally like the Sisters and it was really pouring now. We grab that trap and lay it over our heads and just make a flatt out sprint towards the exit, howling with laughter because carrying a wet tarp between four people in the pouring rain during a flatt out sprint is near impossible and we were getting more wet from out efforts to begin with. So it's with great sadness that we don the tarp useless and Caroline takes it into her arms and shouts to run. We take off sprinting through the parking lot (which isn't the brightest place or thing to do during a thunderstorm) and in minutes we are soaked through and through. I start to laugh.
"Guys, why are we running?" I shout and Caroline laughts and Megan spins down to a walk and Matt runs a little more and then stops and we all trudge through the mud laughing at ourselves for thinking we could outrun the rain.
Once back inside the car, slightly shivering and all breathless, we turn on the ipod and take off towards Wendys. We are starving and once there get 99 cents cheeseburgers and frosties. Then we decided to drive home and it was hillarious because we were making fun of Matt's driving and how he had almost no idea where he was going and he was depending on Caroline for directions. Also, Matt had a problem with people passing him... lets just say it was a really, really funny ride.

But that's only one night.
The next nights concert.... TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!!!

But, because I have the most craziest weekend and I have no time for myself... this will sadly have to come later.
Just so it's known though.
It was AMAZING!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment