Okay, so sad excuse, but I had writers block. When that happens all inspiration to write, including blogging, just goes right down the drain. Hold it against me... or not, please. I will try to make up for it... try being the key word.
I am babysitting, as I sit here, Brian is in the other room watching MickeyMouses play House. Which all things considered is not half as entertaining as Blues Clues. But seeing as he is the child and I am the adult, I let him choose.
Their pool is up and going so I sat outside reading and trying to get skin cancer while Brian swam around with this hundreds of toys. All in all, an hour well spent on the tanning scale, not that you can even really see a difference. Rachel is somewhere in the house... ignoring me... It's okay though, for as long as she is happy and entertained, so am I.
I have a super bad headache right now that I think I have to contribute to overload on the caffeine scale... as I chug down a large iced coffee from McDonalds... ya, definitely have to blame that on the caffeine... and we could probably also add in the fact that I was baking in the sun and not drinking water. Lord, the things we do to satisfy our wants and needs.
Now, back to the writers block. I don't know if this happens to all aspiring writers... maybe I am the only lucky one that gets them as badly and as often as I do, but then again maybe not. It all starts with distractions. First you tell yourself that you are going to write, and then you get caught up in a web of things going on around you and pretty soon it's one in the morning and your outta luck. But then I also have another type. It's the "badder" kind I suppose. It's the kind where I read a portion of what I have and completely and utterly hate it. That's the hard one to overcome. I sit there and have to go away, only to come back days later and decide that it works...And then the normal writers block. The trying to figure out what should come next and how it should go and if it fits with the rest of the story. Luckily, today was a good day and I was able to overcome that little spell with some hard thinking and caffeine. The same amount of caffeine that is now giving me this damned headache!
Ugh.
But today was a very, very simple day and I was actually antsy for something to happen. Three movies and a class spent entirely locked into Textsfromlastnight.com is not something I am proud of, nor is it something that I consider entertaining. It's funny how I spend the entire year complaining of homework and class work and now that it's finally ceased, almost, I am bored out of my mind. Sweet summer, can't imagine what that will be like. But actually, I can't wait to be bored during the summer. I am wishing it to come, and so the days are flying by like the devil. In fact, my birthday is twelve days away. Seventeen. Man, that's even harder to swallow. I have to work on a list of things to increase my chances of getting something I like... and/or will use. And then I have to sit down with Liz and convince her that theme parks are overrated and therefore stupid to spend money on for our birthday... good luck with that, right?! Yes, thank you thank you thank you. Good luck, this I think I am having today.
It has been a beautiful three days of sunshine and hot weather in good ol' suburbia here. I have appreciated the sun, and the crazy random thunderstorms that cause my dog to slam, scared out of her wits, into my room at three in the morning every time they occur.
In fact, the other night there was one and she woke me up with her breath on my face. It was three in the morning and so I sat with her for about twenty minutes and watched the storm flash across the sky. It was very beautiful, not that she was enjoying any of it. But I was. Surreal. That's the word that captures it the best. Everyone else asleep, the entire street dark except for the damned street lights that take away from the awesome flashes of lightening. But the thunder is what gets me, and apparently the dog. Sitting there, watching the light streak across the sky always makes me feel small, but then the thunder rumbles under and I feel so much stronger and prominent, because I am a part of the earth that is rumbling. Yes, a little backwards actually now that I think about it. But that doesn't make me a loser just cause I wake up in the middle of the night to enjoy Mother Nature's little tantrum.
No. It doesn't make me a loser at all.
In fact, it makes me a believer.
Of what... I don't quiet know.
But maybe that 's the point of a storm. To make you believe in something no one else should. Like the belief that the angels are crying, or the gods are bowling, or that you are a part of the Earth as you rumble along with the thunder.
No comments:
Post a Comment