My ears resound with dying sounds
Dying sounds of anger, fear, and hate...
I hate, I despise, I feel
.... all this and so much more.
How can we remain as all so falls apart?
I started so rhetorical, but now I so insist.
Tell me.
Answer without your hated shouts, my ears...
So much how can they continue to bleed,
These wounds you gave so willingly.
I give and gave all I so do possess.
You want my dignity... take it.
You want my happiness...take it.
You want my peace... take it.
But you should know that every time
I ask myself
How can I remain as all so falls apart?
--KR
Despite your diatribe about people that give advice they wish THEY heard, take it from a senior:
ReplyDeleteCollege is gonna suck for a bit. As soon as you can, try to procure a private room. It's maddening to stay locked down with some ugly mother you can't stand.
Clear your mind of all prejudices about college life. What you take in from the media is an amalgamation of college stories. Yours cannot be essentialized. That's why your education will cost you close to 40k.
Take as many risks as you can. Don't worry about failing; you'll relish the stories later. Not to mention, there aren't too many failures you can bounce back from. This is the ONLY time in your life you can still be reckless with impunity.
Don't waste your time with inane, pop ideas about individualism. At best, individualism will stem from your theses; however, most of your thoughts will be revamped ideas about what you've read. Don't dwell on it; it'll make you neurotic. Just accept it. Likewise, just focus on school and professionalism and you'll reach a moment of clarity.
If you want to be a successful english major focus on organization and clarity in your writing. Apropos reading, a great man once said to me: "You're only as comprehensive as the books you've read and retained." That man was Dr. Gordan Van Ness. He's an English professor at Longwood to this day. Take his class every chance you get if you want a proper English education. To hell with the others.
And don't worry about the freshman-fifteen. So as long as you're eating dhall regularly, you'll be fine. They put minute laxatives in the food to dispel bouts of food-poisoning. I gleaned that from a lecture working there.
- Honors English student in your stained glass class.