Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Personal Statement

"You don't need an excuse to talk to someone. Just a subject."

I feel a tinsy bit guilty about letting this sit untouched for so long... a tiny bit. Mostly it's just because most of my emotions aren't...shareable. And mostly because the patterns of my life aren't very patterny. They shift and change, and with that comes changes in the way my life works. I don't find the time to sit here and write. Though maybe I will try harder. I should, summer is almost over.
Time is like air. It swims, floats, touches the minds and lungs of the ones you know or someday will... it is invisible, yet felt, it is always going to exist as long as we do... it is also impossible to catch, to hold, to nail down, and to command.
How many nights did I lay in bed PRAYING that the summer would come faster and deliver me from my never ending days? And then it was here, and now it is gone!
I'm not excited to let summer go. I rather like not having a schedual, I rather like doing whatever I want whenever I want... though the procrastinating on the Summer Assignments is extremely annoying. As you can imagine.



Destroyer

Made me a quilt
of stitchings and trappings
Of sorrow and guilt,
With trails of mapping
In two different directions...

Made me a garden
Of flowers and blooms
Of excuses and pardons,
With withering perfumes
On two different vines...

Made me a pact
Of happiness and glory
Of lies and falst facts,
With a different chapter in each story

In two different lives...

I unstitched the quilt
I destroyed the garden
I burned the pact
...and now I am left with
                                             nothing intact...



The music that I am currently listening too... it makes me feel like I am as brillant as Stephenie Meyer...

No comments:

Post a Comment