Saturday, August 22, 2009

And. We. Are. Off.

Family! Okay, now ponder that word. To me it's a million different faces and ideas and then, when they come to visit, a whirlwind (very nearly as destructive) of happiness and chaos. And then... silence. They leave and your house is empty and the beds are unmade and you've nothing to do.
But, for me, no resting time. Today we are leaving for, drum roll please, THE LAKE!
Now, I should be just tickled and crazy with excitment, and while I very much am both, I also have this huge empty weight of sorrow. Since the beggining this trip to me has gone hand and hand with the end of summer, a last horrah if you will. And so, from this point forward, I see this happy trip as... the end.
Rather dower, I know.
And it's very sad, because I don't want to be upset about this whole thing, the summer ending thing.
So that's the weight on me right now, and I am sure as soon as we are all together, the family and I, the feeling will lesson slightly.
But where did our time go!?
It was here, I saw it, I felt it, I breathed it in and let it out again. But I never actually allowed it to pass... and then, the second that I did, it was gone!
My last college free summer. My last summer before I'm it, the top of the class. Seniors.
And it's scaring the hell out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment