Today was just short of crazy. Well, at least in my standards. This morning I had physics, which is one of my hardest classes this year, go figure. We were schedueled to take a quiz last class, but my class totally used her until she wasted away the entire ninty minutes. It would have been hillarious if it hadn't been so boring.
"Okay, so how do you do this problem."
The entire class begins to talk at the same time she does.
"For this problem," realizes no one is paying attention. "HEY!! Alright, that's it! For the people that understand this (no one understood any part of it) you have to remain quiet for the rest of the people that don't (everyone). The next person that talks is getting the quiz right now. "(at this point everyone just wanted to get it over with, even if they knew they were going to fail.) So then this one kid uttered a single word and BAM.
"Go to the back! You guys, I am one of those people that carry's through with their threats. Now, no more talking." Poor kid sludged to the back and spent an annoying ten minutes tapping his pencil against the desk. The entire room was silent after that.
What confuses me is that she has to know that we are all playing with her. I just think that she honostly thinks some of the kids in our class are that stupid, in this I would have to concure.
So we took the quiz after she spent ten minutes going over how to do the exact same problems that were then featured on the quiz. All in all a pretty successful sucker punch to her teaching skills. She is one of the nicest people I think I have ever met, and she totally cares about the students, but her teaching could use some work...
Then I got called down to the councilers office to talk about my "future." This, I would have to say, was the hardest part of my day. I have no idea want I want to do for my future. I mean, does anyone??? So I spent ten minutes discussing what I hoped to major in in college, where I wanted to go, for how long, why I was going to a college, which ones I wanted to apply too, which I basically could only give a shoulder shrug too because I havn't the slightest of ideas! After that everything went in a downslide motion towards me going home. First though, I had to take a make-up test in Physics. It was alright and luckily my friend Meredith was there and able to give me a ride home. We went three over the speed limit because I was in a huge rush to by to my Babysitting house by three twenty. At three seventeen she decided to push it and sped up and over by five, for which I was extremely thankful. At this point in life, I've learned to cut my losses and be thankful for what I get.
I made it to the house at exactly three twenty and was greeted by small chants of 'Katie's here!' and then little hands hugging tight to my legs. Megan was ushered out the door by one Mrs.Staton and then little Brian took me into his toy room where I was told to Help Me Clean Up! This went fairly quickly after I decided to just get it over with and not touch on the morals. Then he settled for a healthy snack of apples with cinnomon sugar on top. This is both of our favorites and a piece of cake to serve and love. Fills you up too.
"I wanna watch won of my showwws!"
"Alright Boo. Which one?"
"Bluuus cluuus."
"Brian, you know that's not on right now. Pick another."
"Bluuus cluuus."
"Okay, here you go. Look there go's Dora!" And then he was gone, walking over Rainbow Bridge with Boots and Map.
And now I am here, sitting at the computer. Tonight my twin sister, Elizabeth, has inductions to the National Honor's Society, which I am thinking of going to because about fifty percent of my friends are also getting inducted. Too bad I have a 3.489 and they don't round or else I would be up there too....
No comments:
Post a Comment