And so, against my better judgment (not that its all that good), I am 'putting myself out there.'
Step back. I love it when people, people that are younger and older than you, but not your age and not all that clear on the 21st millennium...offer you advice on "Life." I mean "Life" in way of experiences and hardships and the altogether and very general 'problems' that occur within those skinny little quotations.
For example: My first week of college was HARD. I don't mean hard like building an empire, I mean hard like I was scared, sad, and overwhelmed on so many levels of my emotional docking system was in overload. And all anyone could tell me was that it was going to get better. That I should put myself out there. That anyone who was this everyone should be thankful to become my friend... All really great advice that I am sure will become true at some point... some of it already has.
So just to wrap up this horrible column that has had no coherent thought to it, yes, some of their advice was, embarrassingly, spot on. Putting myself out there did give me benefits that my prior shell-self would not have experienced. It did get better. And I am sure the opposite of the last piece, opposite in that I am so thankful for the people I have met here and hopefully will continue to meet.
That all said, my dorm room is 89 degrees at the moment, but I have plans with friends and I have homework to occupy the wee hours of the night and I don't have class till 12 tomorrow and then I get to see my family! All these things, by quite an avalanche, outweigh the things that suck...I can even appreciate the 89 degrees in that sweating is like working out and working out means I am not gaining any Freshman 15.
No comments:
Post a Comment