Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Back to the good old days of babysitting.



Today Rach took confetti and spilled it all about the house so that when the two youngest came home they would think that a Leprechaun had come and paid them a visit. It worked like a charm until all three started arguing about who could have the "fairy dust." I had to then sift my way around the argument and settle it without revealing to the younger ones that it wasn't actually "fairy dust" and they were only fighting over confetti. 
     I invoked  'the new rule.' Meggie broke it first and I settled her down for three minutes of silence. You see, the kids have a horrible way of thinking everything is theirs, and so every time they utter the word "mine" I subject them to three minutes of silence. It makes them think and it creates quiet. I rather like that combination. 

The nice weather held perfectly today, reaching an epic proportion of 67 degrees. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day and was able to actually enjoy it too. Me and Boo went outside and played with his new alligator sand digger that I gave him for his birthday while Rach watched t.v. Ian then came home and was soon picked up and taken to ti-khan-do (spelling?). Meggy joined us, I made dinner, and then settled everyone down by making them change into their pajamas. Now I am home.

Tomorrow is supposed to be lovely too and I can't wait for the days to stretch out in a long rope-like fashion of good sunny weather. My spirits have never been higher. Even after four hours of babysitting, I am still refreshed and happy. 


The Art of Bickering 

Today I saw a bird and a squirrel 
Fighting for a tree. 

The squirrel uttered curses
The bird beguiled three

Today I saw a bird and a squirrel 
Fighting for a tree.

The squirrel fell out backwards
And the bird let it be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment