I love the way it simmers against the house and the noise is more crushing then anything else. I love the way it pounds down on itself and the way the ripples erupt with fierce existence only to be replaced in a whirl of wind and water by ten thousand other ripples. I love how the trees hand heavy with tender branches and the flowers heads bow the ground. The way the leaves swim along a minute made creak and the petals cling with desperate longing to their bowing home. I love to watch it. Rain. It's like nothing else you can describe and see at the same time.
Also, to me rain isn't a sad thing. To me rain is a cleansing thing. I like to watch it cleanse. The heavens aren't necessary crying as much as they are watering their garden.
I also love the thunder and the lightening. Mostly though, I only love those at night. During the day it's just a good reason to not run around in the rain, but during the night it makes the darkness come to life.
If you have never witnessed a thunder storm and fantastic lightening during the late ticking of midnight, you are missing one of natures most powerful songs.
I highly suggest you witness this soon.
But right now the rain is cleansing and it's singing and the beat of it's heavy existence is a constant background of dipping wings and vibrating ripples.
Rain.

No comments:
Post a Comment